Thursday, November 25, 2010

Rabbit Diary VII


As the snow continues falling for the past few days, it seems like rabbits have been coming less to our front and back yard. I think it's quite normal for a lot of animals to slow their activity level to a certain point to conserve energy when food is harder to find. Well, it's either that, or I just keep on missing them while they came to visit and have some of those fresh fruit slices and rabbit treats that I put out. Hopefully those extra food that they get from me can boost their chances for the winter, since the extra calorie intake is very important key for survival.

I was afraid that the cold might freeze the tender rabbit paws so I put the food on a foot mat so the rabbits can eat on it and keep its paws warm, but it seemed like I was worrying too much, since they always pulled the fruit slices out of the mat and enjoyed them away from the mat instead of on it. Just another cute story, a couple days ago when snow fell for the first time and the banana was covered by it and I was just thinking the night before that I might have to go out in the morning to "re-reveal" the banana out so the rabbit can see and smell it, but once again, the rabbit proved that I've worried too much by digging the banana up from the snow and finished it without any hesitation!

It just proved that humans indeed complicate things WAY to much, especially when things can be so light and easy!

PS. I know I have posted this picture before, but I just wanted to show you the "mug shot" of Regular. I know it's Regular is because you can see a small tear on its ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment