Thursday, November 4, 2010

Rabbit Diary IV


I talked to Johnny yesterday and I agreed with him, he said what I'm doing with this blog did have good intentions on sharing knowledge on and about animals, but it seemed like I've lost my main goal: my own experiences and observations on them! Not just hard facts. Well, here's some improvement that I'm hoping to change.

First of all, it's quite self-explanatory, it's about rabbits, or wild hare, obviously it's according to my blog title. Secondly, it's all about changing shifts. What's changing shifts? You might ask me, well, animals tend to go away, move, being challenged for territory and so on, right? Same thing goes with wild rabbits.

I found out Regular and Boldie both might have moved on to another place or some other reason, our new rabbit, which I named "Rookie", came into our lives. The reason why I called the new rabbit Rookie was just because it was a new comer.

The first couple of times when I observed Rookie, I thought it was just like Regular and Boldie, a wild hare, but after a few times, it looked more and more like a mixed breed of tamed home rabbit and a wild rabbit. The physical differences between a wild rabbit and a home rabbit that I have observed so far are the following three points:

1:) Home rabbits are rounder looking while the wild rabbit looks sharper.

2) A home rabbit's eyes are much more gentle while the rabbit's eyes seemed to always be on alert and cautious.

3) Home rabbit's fur are usually solid block colors, such as white, gray, light brown, black & white and so on, while a wild rabbit has earthy brown color for base color with black wisps on the top which matches the dirt and the environment for camouflage.

Now you have gotten some idea between a wild rabbit and a home rabbit, now I can describe Rookie. Rookie's fur seemed to have a combination of a bit of block based black color of a home rabbit and a dirty brown based color with black wisps of a wild rabbit; its body, or at least its face seemed rounder than a pure bred wild hare; but one thing that Rookie still has as a wild rabbit are its eyes and its sense of alertness of humans.

No comments:

Post a Comment