Monday, August 30, 2010

Rabbit Diary Part II


The photo is Regular resting in our front yard, now there is a spot that's concaved like a small whole big enough for an adult rabbit. It was dug mostly by Regular and I think Baldie helped as well.

I didn't realize how rabbits can be quite smart until yesterday. I had some apple slices yesterday for both Baldie and Regular as usual, and you know what happened? Regular just took the apple slice away from my hand and took it a couple of feet away from me like how a dog would usually do if not wanting to be disturbed while eating! Same thing happened to Baldie as well just last week.

But it seems to me that although I approached Regular first and it trusted me and ate from my hand first, but it seems like Baldie is more relaxed around me than Regular. Oh, well! I guess it's their personality as rabbits. I read on a book saying that rabbits do know who is friendly and who is mean, it's just that they are more independent and not as attachable as dogs do. I guess I'm ok with it.

One thing I'm happy that now I reached my hand out to move the apple slices which are near the rabbits and they don't scare as easily as before! Hey, would I be Mama Bunny in the future with like 10 rabbits in our yards?

No comments:

Post a Comment