Sunday, August 22, 2010

Bunny Diary


This photo is taken from Image Search.

Good news, everyone! Baldie, Regular (the rabbit that came often before.) and a new comer, which I called "Rolly", came last Tuesday. And I have found out an interesting story about those threesome.

As you readers might know that Regular came to our backyard first, also the longest and, of course, which I have been in contact from the start. For a while I was wondering where Regular had gone since I haven't seen it for a few weeks, since it came to visit our backyard almost daily before. Now seeing all three together, I gathered information and pieced together a possibility.

For those who are animal lovers, we all know that there is a ranking system and also a territorial claiming in the animal kingdom (this exists even in human society as well.), now Regular was the "claimer" of our front and back yard but when Boldie came along, Baldie must have fought Regular for this territory and lost a patch of fur on its side but it won, so Baldie became the new land owner. *By the way, just a little note on the side, I think Baldie is younger than Regular, that's probably also the reason why it won and the both rabbit could be males.* So now, Rolly, the possible female, came and joined the clan to meet up with the new "tycoon", or at least I hope.

So now, whenever Baldie shows up to eat the fruit that I put out, Regular seems to be nervous and has to wait until Baldie finishes before it's Regular's turn to feed. By seeing that, I just simply just put the fruit in two different sides so both rabbits can eat at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment