Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A New Rabbit.


There is a new rabbit that's been coming to our yard these days that I've been observing and trying to get close to it, which, by the way, is going on pretty well. Just like the previous one, the new rabbit was very nervous in the beginning on what I was going to do. It even ran away from me just because I scratched my nose or slowly waved my hand to get rid of a fly. Just last week I tried to move closer to it while it was eating a piece of banana but when I came to a certain point that the rabbit thought I was too close, it froze, and I froze with it. Then it gave it a huge "thump" on the ground and bolted a few steps away from me. It was cute! Now I know why some people name their pet rabbit "Thumper", because they truly thump!


Anyway, I call this new rabbit "Baldie", the reason I call it that is because it is missing a bit of fur on its side, which kind of concerns me for few reasons:

1) Has it been biting its fur off by its own?

2) Could the loss of fur is caused by fighting and the opponent bit the fur off?

3) Is it a rash that caused the problem? If that's the case, I really hope one day the rabbit really trusts me to let me hold it and take it to a vet in order to have a look.

You know some? Baldie came again today and it is starting to trust me just like the previous one, although it was hesitating weather it should eat from my hand or not, but it was very near me, looking at me from side to side just a couple of feet away from me. I guessed it wasn't ready to get near me yet, so I just put the banana on the floor and backed away a bit so it can come closer and eat it in a more relaxed energy.

Speaking of rabbits, I really do wonder where the previous rabbit is, it had a bit of a missing piece on its left ear, hmm... I hope nothing bad comes to that bunny.

PS. Sorry that I had to use the same picture twice, I haven't gotten the chance to take Baldie's picture yet. I'll have wait for a little while longer in order not to scare it with my camera in its face.

No comments:

Post a Comment