Friday, July 2, 2010

Bunny and I Part 2


Ok, last time we covered on how rabbits don't like strong smell and they feel the energy from others. Today's focus is going to be mainly on respect.

As we all know that respect is an universal courtesy towards ourselves and others. Now this etiquette is not only limited to humans but also can apply towards animals, plants and the environment as well. Now, when getting to know a wild animal, in this case the wild rabbit, I let the bunny approach me. This implies a very important point saying, "Hey, I'm here to be your friend, I know you're here and you know I'm here, but I respect your need for personal space, if you come to me, we can get along great, if you don't, it's fine with me, as well.". And after another week of this attitude towards them, the rabbits start to eat from my hands. Two rabbits come to backyard steadily. Occasionally there will be three rabbits come to our yard at the same time.

Just about 2 weeks ago the rabbit became so proud that it was laying in the shade and wouldn't come to greet me, even though I had apples in my hand!! And yesterday I found out that one of the rabbits recognized me and hopped towards me even before I sat down on the lawn, but this one seemed to be a bit picky on what to eat now, it loves bananas, which I had yesterday and it ate it fairly quickly and took a whole night to finish the apple slices that I put out later on.

It is actually quite amazing how animals tend to trust one another so quickly, while humans take a whole lot longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment