Saturday, February 26, 2011

Speaking for Animals

This is a Vancouver Aquarium Logo, I DO NOT claim it as my property. For more information, please contact the aquarium at http://www.vanaqua.org/


Hey, dear readers! This post is an update post on my own personal plan and thoughts for the animals this year.

As an animal lover ever since I was a little girl, I have always thought of being a vet or an animal behavior expert, but due to moving around the world throughout my whole life, I went into art program for finishing up my schooling instead. But, luckily, I was fortunate enough to get back in touch with my main interest and enrolled myself to the Vancouver aquarium as a volunteer, where I'm happily serving my time around animals.

But this year, after I saw on the news in Taiwan, just one the day I came back to Vancouver, that taking fur off animals are usually from animals who are still alive and kicking and they feel every second of pain while being skinned. After seeing this footage, I have decided to join up an organization on fighting against animal cruelty, including illegal hunting, fur and skin trading and so on. Or at least do something about it.

Of course, I can't do all that alone, since I'm only one person and I can't change the world by my own power, it would really help out if anyone can show some kind of kindness, of any sort, for our furry friends by donating things like used pet toys, pet beds, pet food.... to your nearest animal shelter near you, or even doing some volunteering work will help a lot as well.

As for planning on getting yourself a pet, please consider adopting, instead of buying, because buying a pet is usually comes from an animal mill where a mom is always giving birth to children, which is quite harmful to the animal mothers and also getting our living community over populated with unwanted animals. Of course, adopting is giving an animal a second chance of a good life, they aren't there by choice or they have something wrong with them, it's usually the owners can't afford taking care of them, due to traveling, working and so on.

Having said all that, please think ahead for the animals before buying a piece of leather jacket, or buying, instead of adopting, a pet from a pet store. Please, be kind to animals. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment